28 June, 2007

Youth and youth ministry 3


The estimated participants for the congress were 1200 youth to participate in the congress. But when we really faced in the congress, held in 1st – 5th April, 2005, it was more than 1800 youth. Bro. Ghislain from Taize also came to involve in the prayer services in the evening time. This became the high record of the Catholic Youth History. The NCYC volunteer Music Band controlled the hearts of the youth with music every night. All that I have done with the youth, I gave a little to them but they have given me much more. After coming back from Would Youth Day Koln, Germany, we were just busy with the 15th Anniversary record book. I knew that it is already two terms of youth coordinator’s responsibility, it is good to hand over to another priest that I requested my bishop to call me back to the diocese. Before handing over, I had a plan for a new director to be elected among the diocesan youth directors with the discussion and voting system. I think it was a well prepared plan to share the responsibility. I might have done something that would be great yet I would like to confess that as a human I have some weakness and failures in the youth ministry.

The last activities that I performed for the youth were Bible Study Course and the General Management Course. It was just before 1st June, 2006. I handed over the Key of the NCYC office to the new Director in the closing ceremony of the last course that I performed as a youth coordinator. I knew that the youth loved me and they express their gratitude to me in the closing ceremony with tears. But it is my wish not because I don’t want to do this with the youth but to share some responsibilities to other youth directors. I love the youth as well as the youth ministry as a priest.

I still want to encourage the young people to go on with an explosive enthusiasm and to be united each other for the all round development of future life.

I want them to be ready for the rapid modernization of the system of the day in every minute. I like to suggest that the youth must know the danger and the side-effect of a rushing life in the present time as the progress and declination are parallel. They need to take care of their spiritual life as they are like sheep in the midst of wild wolf.

Finally, I hope that there will be many different colorful flowers blooming in the garden of Myanmar Catholic Church soon. My prayer and spirit will go on with the enthusiasm of the youth of Myanmar forever.

I love to see and to live where there are lots of green trees and colorful flowers!

And I want to say…….. “Young friends….I love you”

Fr. Albert Pho Kwah.

Old ncyc apkyouth.

*********************************************************************

No comments:

To see more:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Structured view by ecclesial provinces:

"Roman Catholic dioceses in Myanmar"

To see more and more: